We can give you more of what you love if we better understand you and therefore we capture information about you in order to improve your experience of the GiftUFO Community.
1. To process your order, to maintain accounts you hold with us and guarantee records and to provide after-sales service;
2. To carry out security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions;
3. To comply with legal requirements;
4. To manage customer service interactions with you;
5. For marketing purposes – with your consent - we would like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the “Yes” box when entering your personal details.
You may unsubscribe at any time, if you wish - see “Your rights” section below.
Sharing your data with other companies
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of the partners we work with but the information will only be used for the purpose of providing our products and services to you and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
The service providers with whom we share your personal information are:
1. For Customers who purchase from us: Distribution Centre managers and logistics service providers to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service;
2. For Customers and Potential Customers: Fraud prevention agencies, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks;
3. For Customers and Potential Customers and Enquirers: Data processing and email management service providers who send our communications for us;
We will do our best to handle your personal data with care but if you believe we have not handled your personal data in accordance with the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information including contact details are at www.ico.org.uk
1. You can ask us what personal data we hold about you at any time;
2. You can ask up to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect information about you;
3. You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications; We will then do our best to suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order, fulfilling customer service, after sale obligations, to enable us to comply with our legal obligations such as tax and audit obligations and to enforce or defend our legal rights;
4. You can ask us to stop any processing of your personal information that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
5. You can object to profiling without consent and you have the right to not have any significant decisions that will affect you taken solely by automated decision-making processes and the right to have decision taken by such automated decision-making process reviewed by an individual at GiftUFO;
6. In certain circumstances you have the right to request that we erase your personal data, for example if the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we requested and we will then do our best to suppress your data, although we will still keep it for processing your order, fulfilling customer service, after sale obligations, to enable us to comply with our legal obligations such as tax and audit obligations and to enforce or defend our legal rights;
7. You can ask us to have your personal data provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that data transmitted to another data controller;